This morning, I was pondering how many churches in my 43 years I’d spent at least three months attending. The number came up seventeen; they are listed below in close to chronologicial order (though I returned to the Springdale Vineyard twice after returning to the Cincinnati area.) I spent at least three years in the churches listed in boldface.
- First Lutheran Church—Cincinnati, OH
- Hope Lutheran Church—Cincinnati, OH
- Trinity Lutheran Church—Mt. Healthy, OH
- Shadyside Presbyterian Church—Pittsburgh, PA
- First Christian Assembly of God—Cincinnati, OH
- Fellowship Christian Church—Cincinnati, OH
- College Hill Presbyterian Church—Cincinnati, OH
- Elmbrook Church—Brookfield, WI
- Vineyard Community Church—Springdale, OH
- Vineyard Christian Fellowship of Wheaton—Wheaton, IL
- Assemblies of God Church—Naperville, IL ?
- Willow Creek Community Church—S. Barrington, IL
- Ginger Creek Community Church—Aurora, IL
- Vineyard Christian Fellowship of San Jose—San Jose, CA
- Vineyard Christian Fellowship of the Peninsula—Palo Alto, CA
- Montgomery Community Church—Montgomery, OH
- Clear Mountain Community Church—Williamsburg, OH
That seems like a lot, but when you factor in college and moving, maybe it’s not unusual. How many churches have you attended for at least three months?